Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and The Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General - Portfolio Results Safeguards and Gender Unit (CWOD-PSG) within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Central and West Asia region. CWOD-PSG provides Advisory Services to internal and external clients in relation to portfolio management, safeguards, financial management (FM) and gender.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst is responsible for providing technical and administrative assistance in managing financial management data, preparing monthly/quarterly monitoring reports, project portfolio by working closely with the FM focal points, project officers and analysts; and support project teams to ensure compliance related to audited project financial statements (APFSs) and entity financial statements (AEFSs), supporting regional and other technical assistance programs, and providing administrative support to financial management. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff.
• Performs technical and administrative functions to support FM, including coordination with project team leaders, project audit focals and project analysts.
• Supports Administration of regional and other technical assistance programs as well as knowledge products and IT systems.
• Validates accuracy, completeness and consistency of the documents received; and maintains a log of advisory services encoded; FM balance score card; and timely escalates issues.
• Supports review of APFS and AEFS following the internal review process and exercise professional judgment for the portfolio assigned for review as FM subject matter expert;
• Extracts financial management data from ADB IT databases; prepares Analysis based on countries and sectors.
• Diligently follow up with project teams and EAs to achieve compliance with ADB FM requirements.
• Assist IS/NS on financial due diligence work by supporting FM assessments; review of cost estimates, financing plans, financial projections and Financial Analysis.
• Review and/or input project financial management data in ADB e-Operations and other information systems and databases.
• Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree preferably in accounting or finance or related field with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional Accountant qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with an internationally recognized designation by the International Federation of Accountants is mandatory.
• Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies to prepare charts and graphs, and perform other analytic work
• Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined task, collect and organize required data and information.
• Good experience in managing document records and maintaining databases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for administrative staff, level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.