- Support the P&A Lead and the wider P&A team to develop policy and government affairs strategies for a wide range of foundation issues
- Support facilitation, Project Management, stakeholder management and follow-up on initiatives and projects led by the P&A team
- Draft sections of key documents, reports and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and recommendations for internal and external audiences; manage overall process for document preparation
- Conduct basic political Analysis in support of the team’s work
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with grantees and partners in the field
- Support team program officers on select investments, potentially serving as a secondary Program Officer
- In partnership with Strategy, Planning & Management (SPM) colleagues, ensure high-quality team operations and team development
- May directly manage a small number of investments
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communications skills; ability to synthesize inputs to draft technical briefs for high-level and diverse audiences
- Knowledge and experience with policy stakeholder analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work with flexibility and efficiency in a fast-paced and complex internal and external environment
- Proven project management skills; ability to track progress against targets, plan agendas and facilitate meetings, and synthesize & communicate information
- Comfort working in an environment of change
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in government affairs and policy and advocacy in China
- Strong diplomatic skills and ability to work with diverse colleagues across a wider range of policy issues and strategies.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.