Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Mediation Section, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:Apply Now
- Gather, select, verify, and analyze information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including internal mission reports and the press;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge relating to the political, social and security situation in Mopti region;
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in the area of assignment and provide updates and inputs to the Chief Mediation and the Head of Office;
- Provide technical and substantive support for the implementation of the mandate of the Mediation Section;
- Maintain contacts with other components of the Mission, UN international partners and government authorities on political and security issues, Coordination and policy matters;
- Maintain regular contact with all relevant local political actors and civil society groups;
- Assist in compiling and producing daily, weekly, flash and other written reports as directed by the Head of Section.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Experience in working with Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, social media.
- Sound judgment in applying expertise to resolve a range of issues/problems, including politically sensitive ones, and the ability to proactively seek and recommend sound policy initiatives or other solutions;
- Proven analytical, research and negotiating skills;
- Excellent oral and listening skills, including an ability to articulate and defend one’s Analysis or proposals;
- Ability to develop and maintain contacts and foster collaboration with national and international partners to acquire timely information; with gender and geographical consideration.