The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS), Buildings and Logistics Department (BLD), Workplace Management & Mobility Division (WM), Work Space Management Unit (WS) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Mobility Service Manager. This is a full time position at grade 4/5 (80% of working arrangement is possible). The term of this contract will be 4 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for September 2020. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeAs (Associate) Mobility Service Manager (internally referred to as (Associate) Officer Facilities Management), you will define, implement and monitor the new Sustainable and Green Mobility policy for EIB Group, in line with the Paris Alignment targets and in liaison with local authorities. You will also manage related contracts and/or projects to ensure that the quality of service, standards and processes are implemented with the necessary environmental standards, as set in line with the Bank’s requirements and industry best practice.
Operating NetworkYou will report to the Head of Work Space Management Unit and work in close collaboration with the other members of the team, as well as with colleagues in the BLD Department. You will plan and direct activities mostly in an autonomous manner, while seeking the support of the Head of Unit for more complex matters.
- Plan, lead and ensure implementation of adopted mobility strategy under supervision of Head of Unit, in line with the overall vision and strategy of the Department and make suggestions to improve key processes ensuring a high quality of deliverables and respecting predefined budgetary and planning constraints;
- Assess the technical viability and Environmental Sustainability of projects and coordinate all operational processes, including the definition of the project scope and cost, the scheduling, assignment and review of project work, and taking preventive/corrective actions as appropriate;
- Prepare technical specifications for the procurement of technical assistance operations and supervise the intermediate and final deliverables in the context of project development and implementation support;
- Day-to-day operational management of project teams including planning the team workload and matching it with available resources and resolving specific complex and difficult issues as they arise;
- Manage contracts with external suppliers of services in line with EIB rules and procedures for procurement;
- Track the evolution of the sector, including active representation at selected sectorial events, and liaise closely with EU institutions and international organizations on mobility policy/sector questions to find appropriate solutions and actions;
- Channel enquiries from other departments/directorates to the right level within the FM organization so that they are handled appropriately;
- Contribute to regular reporting activities and prepare notes, files, presentations and formal communication in own domain to ensure effective communication.
- University degree in urban planning or engineering or related discipline;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in performance measurement, planning, project and Change Management, engineering;
- Experience in managing mobility projects, including the technical, environmental, economic and financial evaluation. Knowledge of project management principles and best practices would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of risk Analysis as well as market and sector studies and good knowledge of relevant EU policies;
- Strong knowledge in methods and techniques of Data Collection and statistical analysis;
- Proven ability to perform audits and monitor KPIs;
- Proven Contract Management skills and management of subcontracting teams;
- Good knowledge of procurement regulations and practices;
- Proficiency computer skills, Microsoft Office including MS Project with excellent command of Excel. Proficiency in CAD software would be considered an advantage;
- Ability to develop Mobility Plans;
- Knowledge of EMAS framework would be an advantage;
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English and French. The knowledge of a third European language would be an advantage.