IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Close relatives of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9). In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category. Overview Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international Development Finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and The Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate Extreme Poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030. ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members. To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here. Job Purpose The Associate Human Resource Officer will provide technical and administrative support on business partnering with client departments. The selected candidate will assist recruitment and selection for staff positions for assigned departments. He/she will also support various work activities within the assigned Business Partner team in relation to staffing management and other human resource related services. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and will provide guidance to administrative staff within the team. ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Coordinates and engages client departments and Unit for Institutional Coordination on strategic staffing discussions to ensure efficient filling of vacancies and optimized use of staff resources.
- Takes the lead in recruitment processes for local staff positions. Monitors and facilitates recruitment and selection processes in partnership with the client departments. Provides guidance to team members on recruitment activities and ensures ADB recruitment policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Supports overall implementation of various personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, changes in titles and changes in position/position types, managerial progression, and non-vacancy driven promotions. Ensures that the Administration of personnel actions is being handled in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Reviews and facilitates processing of staff movements such as special leave without pay, field office assignments, and return to Headquarters.
- Assists supervisor(s) on staff case management.
- Advise client department and staff on the interpretation of HR policies, procedures and initiatives. Reviews policies and procedures and recommends enhancement to streamline operations.
- Reviews and verifies data entries in the HR systems to ensure that staff personnel actions and salary adjustments are accurate and according to guidelines
- Participates in other HR-related initiatives within BPMSD and performs project based assignment as required in the incumbent's workplan.