The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS), Buildings and Logistics Department (BLD), FM Building Projects and Services Division (FM BPS), Services Contracts Unit (SEV) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Facilities Contract Manager. This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for August 2020.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As (Associate) Facilities Contract Manager (internally referred to as (Associate) Officer Facilities Management), you will design, negotiate, establish, manage and administer a broad range of outsourced facility management service contracts (e.g. catering, cleaning and service desk) for the EIB Group owned and rented buildings in Luxembourg, to ensure high quality services for all EIB Group employees and guests at the best costs.
You will report to the Head of Services Contracts Unit and work in close collaboration with all staff of the Buildings and Logistics Department.
The post requires a high level of interaction with all EIB colleagues, including senior stakeholders, and external partners/service providers. It requires strong negotiation skills, customer focus along with diplomacy and excellent interpersonal/communication skills at all levels.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of the procedures and processes for service contracts, manage initiatives and projects relevant to this domain;
- Oversee and actively intervene in the entire contract life cycle for own facility management services;
- Monitor cost and service provider performance, including the definition and follow-up of services KPI’s, measuring performance and continuously improving and managing the quality and cost;
- Prepare feasibility studies in relation to new or changing business requirements, entailing changes in the scope of the service packages;
- Contribute towards the efficient communication of the Department’s activities to customers, partners and other stakeholders, including providing regular updates on key deliverables, operational and financial figures;
- Coordinate external service providers and actively promote teamwork and collaboration to ensure efficient delivery of the service contracts;
- Design efficient processes and procedures to ensure reliability and quality of services and proactively work on streamlining processes linked to the services contracts;
- Provide project charters for projects in own domain, updating them as required as well as initiate and prepare notes, decision documents, presentations and formal communications;
- Provide expert advice and recommendations in order to improve services activities and implement best practices.
- University degree preferably in the area of: Engineering, Architecture, Business Management or other related;
- At least 3 years’ relevant professional experience in facilities management/ hospitality services;
- Experience in performance oriented contract management, outsourced service management with application of KPIs and bonus/malus mechanisms and project management;
- Knowledge in facilities management and/or outsourced services management, preferably in hospitality (catering, cleaning) and service desk;
- Ability to draft comprehensive Terms of References for service contracts, notes and reports for management decision-making;
- Certification of a project management methodology will be considered an advantage;
- Implementation and deployment experience with Archibus or similar software will be considered an advantage;
- Familiarity of administrative procedures related to the management of service contracts and call for tenders in public institutions will be considered an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project;
- Excellent command of English and good command of French. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 7th July 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.