Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. The individual will work very closely with the colleagues in Finance Unit and Administrative staff in the MEAs. The successful candidate will research on administrative resolutions that are of common interest and maintain them in a repository that can be accessed by the MEAs and constituent parties. Description of duties;Apply Now
- Extraction of invoice and payment details from Umoja to obtain payment trends of parties across different funds
- Reconcile with MEAs finance staff extracted data and resolve any differences that may arise
- Update web repository with resolutions of common interest to the MEAs and UNEA where necessary
- Provide support with processing documents in Umoja implemented modules
- Backstop finance assistants in assigned tasks and carry out program related tasks
- Assist in the preparations of COPs and MOPs and follow-up on the implementation of administrative and budgetary resolutions
- Maintain a repository of tasks assigned during MOPs and COPs for implementation before next COP/MOP or any other established deadline.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the field of Finance, Accounting or Public Administration field is required.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in administration, finance or accounting. Experience working in an international organization or the UN is an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office, email, internet) are required.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with persons from diverse backgrounds.;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent