The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate - Information Technology (CS IT) - Business Services Department (BSD) - Risk Management and BBP Division (RB) - Financial, Liquidity & Operational Risk Unit (FLO) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Applications/Software Engineer. This is a full time position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 4 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for September 2020. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeAs an (Associate) Applications/Software Engineer (internally referred to as Analyst/ Officer IT Applications) you will be responsible for the technical management of various applications and solutions in the domain of Risk Management/Financial applications, including support, incident, change, release and maintenance activities, as well as of project-related technical tasks in order to meet the functional and technology needs of the organisation, thereby contributing to the achievement of the EIB objectives.
Operating NetworkWithin the IT Business Services Department, the Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division maintains a set of commercial off-the-shelf applications (COTS) services and manages related projects. It provides a wide range of technical services to ensure that the various applications under the responsibility of the Division are scalable, available, reliable and offer optimal performance. You will report to the Head of Financial, Liquidity & Operational Risk Unit and work in close cooperation with all other IT Divisions/Units and the user community.
- Ensure that IT policies and initiatives in the domain of Risk Management/Financial applications are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way in order to enhance IT products, solutions or infrastructure.
- Take ownership, analyse and resolve incidents and system performance issues as part of the incident management processes
- Coordinate the various infrastructure and access management tasks, in collaboration with the central IT infrastructure and security teams
- Take responsibility for carrying out development and maintenance of the applications in the scope of the Division ensuring that software is at current revision levels and scheduling and organising upgrades and rationalisation for the solutions in the area of responsibility
- Take project management responsibilities to deliver projects and coordinate with business users and other IT technical teams, this includes participating in the preparation of business cases and project charters in collaboration with users, managing projects and creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Provide Technical Support to the teams in charge of application implementations and custom developments
- Review the application system architecture proposing solutions that are scalable, reliable and offering optimal performance, and preparing regular activities such fail-over recovery tests, patching campaigns
- Act as “back up” for other Technical Support Engineers working in the Division and make sure they can take over your activities in case of absence.
- Provide specific advice and recommendations on Information Solutions in the assigned functional area if requested in order to foster optimal usage of IT applications and ensure that applications are conceived, built and managed in line with EIB requirements and EIB/IT standards and methodologies
- Participate in special initiatives that can go beyond the strict boundaries of own domain and ensure the realisation of the initiatives within the set scope, time and budget.
- University degree preferably in Computer Science or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of work experience in a relevant IT function as an Application Technical Support Engineer.
- ITIL/ITSM experience in Change, Release, Incident and Problem Management
- Experience working with Windows and Linux environments
- Experience using scripting languages: Powershell and/or Bash
- Experience with application/DB service monitoring and performance tuning
- Proven expertise in application Support.
- Up-to-date knowledge of market trends and development in the IT sector
- Knowledge of IIS,
- Knowledge of Oracle/Sybase/ Mongodb
- Knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring tools, like AppDynamics.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of French (*). Knowledge of another language of the European Union would be an asset.