Position No. 398570 OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the united nations country teams. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES The incumbent will perform the following duties: 1.Arrange and maintain WR's calendar of appointments, internal/external meetings including with high-ranking officials, receive visitors, place and receive telephone calls and answer queries, provide informal Translation and take notes during meetings, as required. 2.Receive, screen and route correspondence; undertake searches for information and provide background, as required; compile briefing materials needed by the Representative for use on official trips or special meetings, select and make pertinent abstracts. 3.Maintain contacts with different external partners including counterparts and officials in government institutions and diplomatic missions as needed; keep close contacts with counterparts in sister UN agencies; arrange and coordinate meetings as appropriate, maintain follow up system in relation to external contacts. 4.Draft routine correspondence, type documents and reports, some of which are confidential, prepare tables, graphs and power point presentations, review correspondence/ document for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements. 5.Organize the WR's travel this includes raising travel requests in the Global Management System (GSM),requesting itineraries, obtaining visas, arranging hotel bookings, requesting Security-clearance" id="link" class="link">Security Clearance, etc., and following up/keeping records on the submission of the WR's duty travel reports. 6.Ensure timely renewal of WR's residency permits, UN Laissez Passer and other personal documents. 7.Maintain and update the WR's Library, list of contacts of different stakeholders, technical records, reference material and confidential files(paper based and electronic copies).8.Take proactive follow-up action and keep the WR informed. Promptly route all correspondence, directives and requests to the Representative for timely action and/or signature 9.Respond and/or direct inquiries to the appropriate Unit for timely action and/or response. Maintain and organize up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval 10.Review in GSM purchase orders for catalogue and non-catalogue items, ensure adherence to WHO rules and procedures; follow up with concerned parties customs clearance, receipt of deliverables, storage, installation and finalization of payments. 11.Ensure proper maintenance of WRO equipment and report on asset inventory 12. Assist in administrative matters and meetings as needed, including briefing junior administrative staff and replace other staff as required.Apply Now
EducationEssential: Completion of secondary school, supplemented by secretarial training and Computer Training. Desirable: University degree in business Administration, Social Sciences or related field is an asset.
ExperienceEssential: At least eight years'progressive secretarial/administrative experience. Desirable: Relevant experience in the UNsystem.
Skills--> Good drafting skills.--> Ability to maintain goodworking relationships with clients and stakeholders.--> Very good time managementand stress management skills.--> Knowledge ofWHO rules, manuals, procedures, practice and WHO Style Guide, as applicable tothe administrative level an asset.
WHO CompetenciesTeamwork Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences Communication Producing results Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language. Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 18,553 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other Duty Stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.