Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Health Informatics
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor (SI)
Assistant Technical Officer - Health Informatics under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor (SI), will be responsible for the development and implementation of the EpiC project LAMIS. The Technical Assistant will work with others at headquarter, state offices and community-based organizations to ensure that the project electronic medical record (EMR) are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy LAMIS with KP components that include all relevant summary forms and ensure optimal functioning of the system across service delivery points
- Onboard the project LAMIS on the National Data repository (NDR) according to the donor requirement
- Work with local KP groups (CBOs), HQ and state-level staff to provide support and guidance on project’s electronic medical record systems and to ensure compliance with USAID and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to CBOs in the states, including interacting with site Program Managers and M&E focal points to ensure these parties understand and can support EMR timely reporting requirements.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the implementation of LAMIS to the CBOs and state staff
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs), assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Previous experience working on LAMIS Previous experience on writing computer programs Familiarity with KP programing and indicators Previous experience in technical capacity building; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance. Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment. Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Well-developed computer skills. Ability to travel a minimum of 50%.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Health informatics or other relevant field with 1-3 years’ experience in software development.
- Experience in LAMIS development and deployment
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.