This job opportunity is located in Dallas, Texas Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Managing Editor in our National Center office located in the Dallas, TX The Assistant Managing Editor assists the Managing Editor with the day-to-day operations of the editorial office by providing administrative management and support to authors, editors, reviewers, and the Publisher. Essential Job Duties:Apply Now
- Assists with manuscript peer review and tracking system, ensuring author, editor, & reviewer compliance, at all stages from the peer review process through to the transfer of accepted articles to the Publisher.
- Manage project timelines and deadline compliance, while effectively communicating project statuses and related information as required.
- Utilize vendor and/or AHA systems (e.g. E1, COI, etc.) efficiently and competently to complete duties/projects.
- Successfully complete multiple duties and projects while managing competing demands and priorities.
- Contributes to departmental goals by maintaining ongoing working knowledge of department's budget, policies, and procedures.
- Work with the Office of Science Operations and other AHA department to meet department goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional related experience.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with computer-based tracking systems for editorial and Project Management, especially peer review management software.
- Project management experience with the ability to multi-task and accept new projects as they come up.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.