NRC Iran assists displaced Afghans in Iran as well as assisting their host communities. We work to improve access to basic humanitarian services across nine provinces. To ensure an overall regional response, we work closely with NRC operations in Afghanistan. We have also provided emergency relief including shelter, sanitation and hygiene units to those affected by Kermanshah’s 2017 earthquake. Since April 2019, we have expanded our operations to include an additional province, Lorestan, providing assistance to those affected by the recent widespread floods. The Area Managers will ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area. The Area Managers reports to the Country Director.Apply Now
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions in the area.
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG).
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Organize grants opening, review and closure meetings at area level.
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans.
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies.
- Represent NRC and networking on area level.
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset.
- Knowledge of Iranian context is an asset.
- Experience with scaling up of humanitarian programs in strictly controlled context is an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian programs in international sanctions context is an asset.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills.