he European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD" or the “Bank”) started municipal operations in the Kyrgyz Republic in 2009 with the signing of the Bishkek Water Project. Since 2009, the Bank has signed the Osh and Jalalabad (2011), Karabalta (2012), Kant (2013), Talas (2014), Naryn, Tokmok and Batken (2015), Cholpon-Ata, Kara-Suu, Kizyl-Kiya & Osh II (2016), Uzgen, Toktogul, Maili-Suu & Balykchi (2017) Karakol (2018), and other projects are under signature. The Analyst contributes to all phases of the Project Implementation and monitoring of the current portfolio. The Analyst will take responsibility for the tasks assigned by the Operation Leader or more senior members of the project team, or more senior bankers, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring. The Analyst carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers. Accountabilities & ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- As requested by the operation leader or a Portfolio Manager, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Analyst is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- As requested by the operation leader or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, a TC operation leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments including communication with TC client, monitoring of TC fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to Design and use financial models.
- Credit Analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, Asset Management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to industry/country experience.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including Financial Analysis and modelling modules.
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Good written and Oral Communication skills in English.
- Good command over the local/country language is an advantage.