UN Advocacy Intern Application Deadline: 3 September 2020 Internship Description: The UN Advocacy Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is currently seeking interns for its Geneva office. Ideally, the candidates will be available for two months starting in late-September to early October 2020. The possibility of interning from locations other than Geneva can also be considered. Due to Covid-19, many of our offices remain closed or are open at a limited capacity. HRW prioritizes the safety of our interns. In locations that have eased office restrictions and are open at a limited capacity, interns are not expected to report to the office and remote arrangements will remain an option for the foreseeable future. However, interns may have the option of reporting to an office on a voluntary basis in accordance with HRW’s COVID-19 policies. Responsibilities: The internship will focus on the activities of the advocacy team before, during, and after the 45th session of the UN Human Rights Council, as well as various Treaty Body reviews and other meetings-many of these activities will be conducted virtually. The intern will be an active member of HRW's UN Advocacy Division and will intern closely with other staff members. The internship will involve:Apply Now
- Attending Human Rights Council sessions, negotiations of draft resolutions, and other UN meetings and taking notes to enhance understanding of the material and brief the team on developments;
- Researching human rights issues concerning the UN human rights mechanisms in Geneva;
- Drafting correspondence and advocacy materials related to the Council and HRW advocacy goals;
- Organizing advocacy meetings and side-events at the Council; and
- Contributing to some administrative tasks related to HRW's advocacy activities.