Desired start date: August (may be posponed due to current counrty entry restrictions)
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Colombia, Bucaramanga
The present position is open to national and international staff
ABOUT THE MISSION
Brief overview of Solidarités International’s work in the country:
Solidarités International is operational in Colombia since October 2019. The mission is currently working on reinforcing WASH conditions in the shelters (refugios) along the route between Cucuta and Bucaramanga. Venezuelans are walking along this route aiming at reaching one of Colombia’s major cities or a third country. They are very vulnerable at this stage and SI plans, together with PUI, to reinforce access to basic services along the route, particularly in the shelters managed by local organizations.
How the mission is organized:
The mission is currently limited in size and its footprint in only 4 “refugios”. The upcoming project will drastically increase the operational/financial and HR volume of the mission. The operations are managed from Bucaramanga and a small coordination structure will be created in Bogota.
The base should grow up around 35 national staffs and 3 international staff.
Specific context of the area in which the expatriate will be working:
The security context is stable in this part of Colombia. Besides usual criminal risks (existing in the country generally), the social context is tense with some of the local communities that feel pressured by arrival of Venezuelans and those who help them. This balance and necessary dialogue is a key to understand the context dynamics and adapt the response to Venezuelans needs but also to local communities’ perceptions and vulnerabilities. The context of living in Bucaramanga is good and leaves the expatriate with few restrictions. The program being multisectoral and implemented with several partners (PUI and local organizations), the coordination is key.
ABOUT THE JOB
General objective of the position
The Administrative Manager supports the administrative coordinator in processing accounting and financial transactions, as well as in all tasks and procedures associated with HR.
He/she assists the administrative coordinator to define and implement national HR policies at mission level.
He/she is responsible for implementing and monitoring, in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator, administrative, financial and HR procedures on the different bases.
The Administrative Manager manages the administrative teams with the support and under the supervision of the administrative coordinator.
He/she manages the cash processes (cash transfer, donor payment…) at mission level under the supervision of the administrative coordinator.
He/she takes on the functions of the administrative coordinator in case of absence.
- Recruitment, induction and organization of the administrative team
- Capacity building of the identified national Administrative Manager
- Reinforcement of basic process (implementation of software, full process at base level) and support the increase of mission’s volume
- Implementation of framework (fiscal, HR….) defined by the Admin Support
Priorities of the first 2 to 3 months
- Recruitment and induction of a new team OFDA
- Setting up the team internally
- Implementation HR framework
Education: education background in accountancy, internal control or financial management is mandatory.
Experience: at least two years of experience in humanitarian financial and administrative at management level positions. An experience in emergency context, in base or mission opening is an asset.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Accountancy and internal control skills – knowledge of SAGA is an asset
- Financial management skills – knowledge of major institutional donor rules (OFDA/UNICEF/ ECHO…) is an asset
- Very strong organizational skills are necessary
- HR management (contractual, payroll…) is necessary – knowledge of HOMERE is an asset
- Managerial skills are mandatory – team management, capacity building are highly appreciated
- Perfect command of Excel
Languages: Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented