FHI 360 is a nonprofit Human Development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position Administrative Project Officer based in Washington, DC office.
The Office of Head Start Region XI Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) network provides local grantees with high-quality, sustained, and intensive training and technical assistance. T/TA is provided to individual grantees, to clusters of grantees with similar interests, and at state and regional events. Region XI grantees includes American Indian/Alaska Native grantees in 26 states across the country.
The Administrative Project Officer will provide support to Program Management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities as well as supporting with other activities as needed.
- Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites. Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals.
- Works with Project Manager and assists with developing budgets, proposals, managing grants, project materials, and information.
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program.
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
- Provides technical assistance and support to program.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans for one or many programs.
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
- Serves as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.
- Supports the Finance Manager in helping process all travel and financial documentation for the program.
- Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Develops reports, briefing papers, Press Releases, and presentations as necessary for one or multiple projects/programs.
- Ensures timely implementation, and monitors project activities against work plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, social sciences, management, or any other related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years with programs
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector Project Management and implementation of Office of Head Start projects and grants.
Offer will be contingent on award of proposal and approval of funder.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.