Desired start date: ASAP** Duration of the mission:** 6 months, renewable Location: Teknaf – Cox’s Bazar DistrictApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR. SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of Climate Change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies. SI operates through three core stages of intervention, rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency, Early Recovery/transitional periods and development. In line with the 2019/2020 country strategy, SI is focusing on four key strategic objectives:
- Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalization through inclusive programming.
ABOUT THE JOBThe Administrative Manager is in charge of supervision of the Finance and HR departments at the field level in Teknaf base.
- She/He will ensure that SI processes and procedures are existing, respected at the field level and facilitates/coordinates the work of these departments with programs and logistics teams but also relevant Coordinators in Dhaka.
- She/He supports the Coordinator" id="link" class="link">Administrative Coordinator in processing accounting and financial transactions, as well as in all tasks and procedures associated with HR.
- She/he assists the administrative coordinator to define and implement national HR policies at mission level.
- She/He is responsible for implementing and monitoring, in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator, administrative, financial and HR procedures on the different bases.
- She/He manages the administrative teams of Teknaf.
- She/He manages the cash processes (Cash Transfer, donor payment…) at base level under the supervision of the administrative coordinator.
- Oversee the administrative (HR & Finance) Management of the Field Base.
- Ensure that financial procedures are respected and understood by all departments’ staff and actively support as needed, including the planning, Budget Follow up, authorization of expenses, and reporting.
- Accompany new position of Cash Transfer Officer induction and Capacity Building.
- Ensure the good implementation of newly implemented field volunteers cash payment process.
- Ensure regular update of BFU/OFU/LFU tools with proper communication/training of logistic and program team after restructuration (different zones and managers)
- Coaching and facilitating the HR Management of the field base, especially in clarifying support request to Coordination in term of training for Deputy HR manager, formalization of processes at mission level.
- Clarify each team member’s responsibilities within Teknaf HR department according to the new structure.
- Accompany staffs’ communications (with staff representatives) linked with restructuration
- Ensure quality of payroll calculation and adapt base tools to HOMERE set-up.
- Large size and natures of operations (with more than 160 base staff), including emergency projects having tight implementation timeframes, requiring good decision-making capacities and capacity to work under pressure.
- Wide range of donors grants requiring very good attention to details and organization capacities, and high level of communication with programs department.
- High level of checks, technical capacities and knowledge of SI processes.
- Develop/update main finance SOP for Teknaf Base (cash security, BFU management), in collaboration with Field coordination and Finance Coordinator for cash security
- To ensure and continue the SI induction process with the newly recruited cash transfer officer linked with training on new process for field volunteer payments.
- Providing support in the respect of the administrative calendar at base level.
- Continue regular update of budget management tool considering multiple modification request, several end of projects and junior position at PM level.
- Providing support in the recruitment process to enhance the delays and FU on it, and ensure transparency and accountability in our selection methods.
- Support Deputy HR manager to work on payroll calculation tools and give proper request to coordination to update Homere.
- Review ISR and support coordination to update them accordingly.
- 1 Deputy HR manager
- 2 Finance manager Assistants
YOUR PROFILEEducation: Post graduate level in related field. Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of international experience in a humanitarian or development NGO in administrative sector;
- Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts
- Previous experience as Finance or Administrative Manager/Coordinator, handling big workload volume on base or mission level.
- Previous experience and reliability in handling budgets and HR procedures (admin profile is an asset)
- Proven experience as an efficient and effective manager, mainly in capacity building/coaching
- Previous experiences with Solidarités International on support position are strongly appreciated
- Good organizational and coordination skills;
- Good capacity building and staff follow up skills;
- Previous experience in Bangladesh is an asset
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Strong diplomatic and smooth leadership skills is essential;
- Skills in creating and developing a good working environment and team cohesion in and out support department.
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Diplomatic skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
SI WILL OFFER YOUA salaried post: Salary : According to experience, starting from EUR 1800 gross per month (EUR 1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) Monthly Per Diem: USD 400 / month SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission. Break policy
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months + USD 850 allowance (for each break).
- 1 day off per worked month.