Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation devoted to international solidarity, social and humanitarian causes in the fields of humanitarian assistance and development aid, both in France and in the world.
Based in Damascus (SYRIA), the Administration Coordinator is an expert in administrative and/or financial and/or human resources management and will be in charge of a management team, on various bases.
* Part of the Coordination Team (Senior Management Team);
* Defining and implementing specific administrative, financial and human resources SIF’s rules and procedures in the mission;
* Responsible of the laws, national regulations and contractual obligations respect;
* Coordinating, planning et guaranteeing the follow-up of activities linked to the Administration, Finance and Human Resources;
* Contributing to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy.
* Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
* Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
* Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
* Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
* Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
* Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably Arabic)
* Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
* Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
* Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
* An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
* Starting date : As soon as possible
* French fixed term contract : 12 months
* Remuneration according to our salary grid
* Monthly perdiem
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks
* Leaves every 3 months