- Performs, under minimal supervision, the full range of office administrative support functions;
- Facilitate local and international travel of staff and meeting participants;
- Provides assistance in the Coordination of service-wide activities (meetings, workshop, training, etc.), and events;
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans;
- In collaboration with the protocol support staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visa, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements for the UN and national government in collaboration with the senior office driver;
- Facilitate visa for meeting participants;
- Coordination of Asset Management in the Office, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports and staff table;
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g., travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.);
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNOHCHR’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Good knowledge of Results Based Management, Programme formulation, Implementation and Managing resources.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others ideas and expertise, is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Share credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional education in Management, Business Administration or related field is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in administrative services, general office support or related area
- Fluency, good written and analytical skills in English is essential. Fluency in French would be an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.