Administrative Assistant/Senior Assistant
Background: The Office of the Executive Vice President is looking for an Assistant/Senior Assistant who will report to the Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Advisor and become a part of a high performing team.
The Team’s Mission: The EVP, as the Chief Operating Officer of the IDB and under the direction of the Board of Executive Directors and the President of the Bank, is responsible for Bank operations and provides day-to-day management oversight of, and direction to, the Vice Presidents and all other senior staff. The EVP also oversees the quality control and risk management of all Bank operations and serves as chair of Management committees responsible for the Bank's operational activities. The EVP advises the President on key corporate planning issues and is responsible for the implementation of any business and strategic plans.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and prioritize the Executive Vice President’s and Chief Advisor’s agenda to ensure effective time management.
- Prepare, coordinate and follow-up on travel arrangements, in addition to preparation of travel expense reports.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing with diverse audiences.
- Provide support in the planning, coordination and execution of meetings with Board members, Bank’s Senior Management Team, external parties, and within the EVP Office.
- Prepare content folders for the EVP and Chief Advisor in preparation for Board meetings and Senior Management Committees. This includes ensuring meeting space is properly set up with presentations and required communication technology (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, conference call, etc.).
- Support the operations team with the coordination of Operations Policy Committee meetings and with preparing the first draft of the weekly Board Briefings.
- Support the assignment of relevant Board Committee meetings, Management Committees and documents that require EVP Office input, concurrence or authorization.
- Organize/maintain electronic files, emails in EVP generic email accounts, physical files and the physical space of the EVP Office.
- Research topics on Bank systems or the internet and provide succinct summary/analysis. Assist with the editing, proofreading, formatting and translation of emails, reports and presentations.
- Proactively propose actions to resolve administrative issues and facilitate staff compliance with administrative policies and procedures. Communicate information that is valuable to colleagues.
- Assist in the execution and recording of the EVP Office’s budget including the processing of contracts, verification of purchases made with the corporate card, and ordering supplies.
- Ability to perform functions in a telework environment.
What you’ll need:
Education: You hold at least a High School Diploma for the Assistant level or an Associate Degree for the Senior Assistant level.
Experience: The Assistant or Senior Assistant must have at least 2 years or 4 years of experience, respectively, in an administrative assistant role in a high paced environment. Experience working with executives in a multilateral development bank or in the financial service industry is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will:
Have a deep understanding of the IDB, the roles and functions of its different business units, and understand how to get things done across the institution.
Be self-motivated, proactive, and have demonstrated capacity to work in teams.
Be able to develop creative approaches to everyday administrative challenges, prioritize and identify the most pressing matters and work in a coordinated fashion in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on details, discretion, and a positive attitude.
Perform all activities with the highest standard of ethics, integrity and transparency.
Be an outstanding communicator in oral and written form.
Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Teams, SAP, Hyperion, communication technology and doing Google searches.
Languages: You are fluent (oral and written) in both English and Spanish.
Type of contract: Fixed-term, staff contract
Length of contract: 3 years
Location: Washington, D.C.
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion.
We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
A candidate has been pre-identified for this position and may apply. However, this remains a competitive process and other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be duly considered.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.