This is a part-time, extra-budgetary position. The contract will be for six months.
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR's assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR's mandate.
In line with ODIHR’s mandate its Human Rights Department commences a three-year project, “Strengthening National Justice Systems to Protect Persons Deprived of Liberty in the OSCE Region”, to support participating States to strengthen the protection of persons deprived of liberty within the criminal justice system based on a gender sensitive and human rights compliant approach and in particular to equip OSCE participating States security sector actors, with the knowledge, skills and awareness needed for the effective protection of persons deprived of liberty. The project will provide governments in OSCE participating States (pSs) with guidance and tools to formulate and implement national policies and legislation that comply with international standards and regulatory frameworks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Project Officer within the Human Rights Department, the incumbent will provide administrative and logistics support for the preparation and implementation of project activities, in particular:
- Making travel arrangements for the project staff, contracted experts and meeting’s attendees,
- Carrying out logistical and administrative tasks in relation to the planning and implementation of the project,
- Providing administrative and logistical support for the organization of meetings, seminars, round tables and conferences,
- Performing a variety of clerical and secretarial tasks, i.e. taking minutes, drafting correspondence, overseeing document flow.
- Completed secondary education,
- Supplementary training in administration, office organization, travel procedures, languages or other relevant filed would be an advantage,
- At least four years of clerical/secretarial/administrative experience is required,
- Experience of working in international organisations would be an asset,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential,
- Computer literacy with practical experience with Microsoft applications is a must,
- Oracle experience is highly desirable,
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities,
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approximately 3,500 PLN. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
Social security will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme (current approximate deduction for a staff member is 52 Euro) and OSCE Provident Fund. The Organization contributes an additional amount equivalent to 15% of the employee's salary to this pension-style fund while the employee contributes 7.5%. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System for general services employees.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.