At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.Apply Now
Job DescriptionIntroduction Great science needs great people: contribute your customer service and organizational skills to this objective! CERN, take part! The successful candidate will join the Site Management and Buildings (SMB) Department, which is responsible for maintaining and renovating the Organization's structures and infrastructures, operating the technical services of the tertiary structures and infrastructures, providing general services and guaranteeing the Security of people and property on the sites. Within the SMB Department, the Site Services and Logistics (SSL) Group provides the CERN community with high standard campus experience and optimal industrial logistics by offering complete rationalized, efficient, and controlled services. Functions Within the Site Services and Logistics (SSL) Group, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Group (~30 staffs, ~230 contractors):
- Welcome various categories of members of the personnel (group members, visitors, contractors, etc.) upon their arrival at CERN;
- Provide information and ensuring application of the Organization’s rules and procedures, notably by handling multiple administrative formalities (e.g. recording leave absences and personnel movements, reimbursement of travel expenses, etc.);
- Process information in the form of e-mails, letters, minutes, procedures, presentations;
- Seek and receive official information, providing assistance for document drafting, editing, proof-reading, follow-up, distribution, archiving, updating, in particular for Contract Management and follow-up;
- Provide assistance to the other secretariats of the department as required.
- Provide frontline support for CERN installation service (diplomatic privileges, removals, green plates)
- Welcome staff benefiting from the service, provide advice and register requests;
- Follow-up request with back-office service;
- Provide weekly reporting.
- Provide operational assistance to the different services of the Group:
- Process purchase requisition and material requests;
- Prepare internal invoicing between services;
- Execute ad-hoc operational procedures.
QualificationsTechnical certificate or general secondary education or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Administration or a related field. Experience:
- Proven experience in a variety of administrative and support tasks for a large unit, preferably in a front-line, fast-paced and international environment dealing with services;
- Experience in editing, proofreading of documents as well as in taking minutes.
- Use of office software packages.
- Customer service.
- Secretarial work.
- Text editing and proof-reading.
- Managing self: remaining objective, focused and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems; handling uncertainty and ambiguity calmly and effectively; taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects; adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; actively participating in the implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented; demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
- Building relationships: understanding how individual differences bring added value to the Organization; promoting complementarities.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft accurate texts in both languages.