Vacancy no.: ANKARA/DC/GS/2020/04
Publication date: 12 June 2020
Application deadline (midnight local time): 28 June 2020
Job ID: 3855
Organization Unit: CO-ANKARA
Contract type: ST
Contract duration: Until 31 January 2021 with possible extension
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in Turkey.
Development cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given at the first step of the grade. Extensions of development cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates:
- In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules. Any offer of employment with the ILO is conditional upon certification by the ILO Medical Adviser that the person concerned is medically fit to perform the specific inherent requirements of the position offered. In order to confirm an offer from the ILO the successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- Any extension of development cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
To consult the vacancy notices and apply, please see the following links:
- Currently serving staff (WLT, FT, ST, SST) should access the ILO Jobs module of ILO People (FAQs)
- External candidates (including consultants, interns, daily contacts holders and staff at ITC-ILO in Turin) should access the ILO Jobs external site (FAQs)
The ILO commits to support decent work for all, including migrant and refugee workers, by promoting rights at work and decent employment opportunities, enhancing social protection and strengthening the social dialogue. The ILO in Turkey has been supporting refugees’ access to decent work opportunities since 2015 and adopted a comprehensive, holistic and integrated Refugee Response Programme.
The overall objective of the project funded by the U.S The Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) is to strengthen the resilience and social cohesion of refugees and host communities in Turkey by promoting access to decent work and inclusive economic growth underpinned by decent work principles.
Objective 1: Employability of refugees and host community members as well as their resilience in the labour market strengthened through skills development trainings
Objective 2: A strengthened enabling environment for business development and economic growth generate more and better entrepreneurship and formal job opportunities for refugees and host communities
Objective 3: Labour market governance institutions and mechanisms strengthened for inclusive labour market policies protecting the rights at work of refugees and host communitiesReporting
The overall project objectives of the project are designed in line with the Outcome of the P&B 2020-2021 with a specific- reference to Output 7.5 on “increased capacity of constituents to develop fair and effective labour migration frameworks,institutions and services to project migrant workers”.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Programme Officer (project coordinator) and will undertake the below mentioned duties.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Programme Officer (project coordinator) under the overall supervision of the Director of the ILO Office for Turkey.Description of Duties
- Provide administrative support for the timely delivery of the project results and outputs when necessary and carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project and programme activities.
- Maintain and keep registers and control plans on the status of project at implementation and operational stages and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Assist in drafting terms of references and technical specifications for external collaboration contracts and check necessary documentation is properly undertaken.
- Conduct market research and contact the potential vendors for the procurement of goods and services in line with ILO rules, when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of administrative reports and documents and maintain administrative records. Prepare and follow up travel authorizations, security clearances and travel arrangements.
- Prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions and for use in programming and budget preparations and discussions.
- Draft correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications as required on project administration/ or other related tasks.
8. Assist in the organisation of project events, trainings and meetings.
9. Perform necessary tasks under the ILO’s internal integrated resource utilization system and software.
10. Participate in the briefing of project and other programme related activities.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director.Education
Completion of secondary school education.Experience
- Six years of general work experience.
Specific professional experience
- Experience in project implementation in national and/or international settings,
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups and/or refugees will be an asset.
Excellent command of English and Turkish.Competencies
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Ability to search and retrieve information from central databases and compile reports.
- Ability to use computer program and software packages for various administrative actions.
- Good drafting skills.
- Ability to organize own work.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare clerical reports and statements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. Applicants will be contacted directly if slected for a written test and/or an interview.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video and teleconference, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including interviews.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.