At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.Apply Now
Job DescriptionIntroduction Great science needs great people! Are you an administrative assistant with great communication and organisational skills, willing to deliver a high-quality customer service? CERN, take part! CERN’s Procurement and Industrial Services (PI) Group is responsible for the procurement of all supplies and services required by the CERN Departments and Experiments. The Group also oversees contractual issues and provides advice on the sourcing strategies. The Research, Computing and MICE Section is responsible for all orders, contracts, contract amendments and invitations to tender relating to research, computing, hotels and conferences. Supply contracts cover all contracts other than contracts for the provision of services. They include research and development contracts, maintenance and support contracts for data storage equipment, and license agreements. Functions As a versatile administrative assistant, you will:
- Provide administrative support for the follow-up of financial matters related to orders and payments of various nature;
- Create and maintain databases containing details of contractors and prospective suppliers;
- Follow up on the payment of suppliers' invoices;
- Provide administrative and secretarial services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN;
- Maintain electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented;
- Make sure that CERN's different rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations.
QualificationsHigher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in administrative or business processes in procurement or a related field. Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a procurement service in an international environment.
- Familiarity with Qualiac would be an asset.
- Customer service.
- Use of office software packages.
- Knowledge of procurement principals and procedures.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; providing others with timely information.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Spoken and written English or French: good knowledge of either English or French. Basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.