Under the overall guidance of the Regional Representative and supervision of the Units Coordinator, the National Administrative and Finance Officer provides the overall administration and execution of inter-related operational and logistical activities at CARO and for the other countries under CARO mandate, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative and Finance Officer promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach, is responsible for effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services, and ensures effective delivery of a wide range of administrative and human resources services in compliance with the applicable rules and procedures. He/she analyzes and interprets the financial and administrative rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial administrative issues.
The National Administrative and Finance Officer works in close collaboration with HQ in Geneva as well as the Operations and programme staff and UNDP of other countries under CARO mandate. He/she works in collaboration with other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions :
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative and financial support services
- Support to supply and assets management
- Effective administrative and financial control in the office
- Proper common services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures effective and efficient provision of administrative support services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Coordination of assets management in the office, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items.
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
- Ensures effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in CARO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of OHCHR as an effective contributor to the development of the country, facilitates subsequent action by a supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and proceduresPromoting Organizational Change and Development Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change Client Orientation Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
Core Competencies:Education: THIS VACANCY IS ONLY RESERVED FOR CAMEROONIAN CANDIDAT FEMALE CANDIDATE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED