Desired start date: Mid-August 2020** Duration of the mission:** 1 year Location: BhamoApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSolidarites International (SI) has been in Myanmar since 2008. For the first three years, SI worked in the Delta in response to the devastating Cyclone Nargis. In 2011, SI expanded to three new regions (Dry Zone, Rakhine, and Chin State) focusing on Livelihoods, Food Security, Shelter, and WASH. In January 2012 SI expanded to Kachin State to respond to an Emergency situation created by the displacement of Kachin population affected by the arm conflict. Today SI operates in South Kachin mainly in IDP camps and villages and implements both WASH and FSL programs. SI currently has a Coordination base in Yangon (17 national employees and 7 expatriates), with field bases in Rakhine and Kachin States. Each office is operational with a Field Coordinator. In May 2020, Kachin employs 3 international staffs and 46 national staffs (3 based in the representation office in Myktkynia, 2 staffs in the sub-base of Lwegel and 41 at the main office in Bhamo). Budget volume: In May 2020, the total budget for Kachin only is USD 1,2 million.
ABOUT THE JOBROLE Under the Hierarchical management of the Field Coordinator and the functional supervision of the HR and Finance Coordinators, the Administrative Manager carries out administrative, HR, accounting and Financial Management of his/her base, in compliance with donors and SI procedures. As such:
- He/she organizes administrative support to the programs and logistics team and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the managers.
- The Administrative Manager ensures that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented as well as of the supervision of all administrative activities at base level.
- He/she controls and validates SI implementing partners reports and supporting documentation ensuring that applicable procedures are implemented and respected.
- He/she will have to ensure a mentoring/coaching to the national admin manager from when he/she will be recruited.
- Administrative follow up
- HR Management
- Financial and Budget Management and Monitoring:
- Cash and Accounting Management:
- Partnership management:
- Team management
- Implement the new administrative department set up
- Continue reinforcing technical skills of the administrative team through clear individual action plans in collaboration with HR/Finance Coordination and support them in the implementation of the new tools put at their disposal (accountancy tool, employee follow-up, etc).
- Reinforce Base’s capacities (admin, HR and log) on partnership management.
- Maintain and reinforce the relationships with local partners
- Implementation of the new set up + ensure that the dispatch of responsibilities within the department is respected
- Clarify the communication with the partner management and support them in the budget follow-up;
- Empower the administrative team, giving them progressively more responsibilities according to their JD and objectives;
- Follow-up of partnerships/MoU
- General cursus, for ex. in a business school, up to 5 years
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in HR and financial management in humanitarian crisis context
- Experience in sensitive environments (post-conflict, conflict), IDP/refugee camp experience is an added value.
- Knowledge in administrative, human resources and finance linked to humanitarian projects
- Knowledge of Solidarités International rules and procedures.
- Software to manage: SAGA, HOMERE and Microsoft suite with very good Excel skills
- Training and/ or coaching as previous experience is mandatory;
- Previous experience in working in partnership with local organizations is valued.
- Capacity to delegate and motivate a team
- Team management
- Experience to build team capacity and manage daily workload at the same time
- Fluent English level written and spoken in mandatory
- Autonomy – Sense of diplomacy – Patience very appreciated when it comes to deal with local partner – Asian experience valued.
SI WILL OFFER YOUA salaried post: Salary : According to experience, starting from EUR 1980 gross per month (EUR 1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) Monthly Per Diem: USD 500 SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission. Break policy
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months + USD 850 allowance (for each break).
- 1 day off per worked month.