The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide Emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with Local Communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is leading the Resilient Youth Socially and Economically Empowered (RYSE) consortium, aimed to develop and mobilize a dynamic, powerful, multi-stakeholder initiative/eco-system focusing on empowering at displaced and conflict-affected youth to become the much-needed positive change agents. The vision is to develop a flagship model, in which youth, governments, private sector companies as well as investors and civil organizations together educate, embolden and enable youth to fulfil their critical role in a future Syria and Jordan and to pursue their life ambitions. The key target group are Syrian youth who are displaced and living as refugees in Jordan but also vulnerable young Jordanians who have been massively affected by the conflicts in the region.
DRC Jordan is looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Administration Assistant provides support on all administrative issues for the Resilient Youth, Socially and Economically Empowered (RYSE) Consortium management Unit,
About the job
The individual will report directly to Consortium Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
The Administration Assistant follows up on administrative issues in RYSE Consortium Management Unit and performs the following duties;
- Perform administrative tasks according to RYSE Consortium Management Unit guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain staff attendance for RYSE Consortium Management Unit office.
- Book hotels and flights for RYSE Consortium Management Unit staff national and international travel and meetings.
- Organizing all CMU events in Coordination with technical staff and DRC operation team such as trainings, donor visits, and meetings for the Board of Experts, technical advisory groups and Steering Committee. The admin assistant will be responsible for organizing logistical requirements of events including booking venues, ordering refreshments, registration of participants, taking photos, ensure printed material availability and RYSE visibility material …etc.
- Attend events and record minutes of meetings as requested by the COP
- Receive and send official correspondence and maintain record for it.
- Attend and receive phone calls and fax messages to RYSE Consortium Management Unit.
- Manage inventory of Consortium Management Unit office supplies and equipment, define re-order points
- Manage Consortium Management Unit utilities and rent payment on time
- Submission of the CMU purchase orders on DRC system
- Conduct all Data Entry tasks as directed by the CMU COP and technical staff
- Printing, coping and scanning tasks as requested by the CMU staff
- Follow up and track the residency and work permits for the RYSE CMU staff with DRC Operations Department.
- Conduct small translation tasks
- Develop and maintain filing system for all the Consortium Management Unit documents and correspondences
- Manage the COP meetings and activities schedule
- Develop and update contact lists of Consortium Management Unit staff, partners, service providers and stakeholders
- Organize car use registration log and CMU driver schedule
- Welcome visitors and maintain visitors’ book.
- Ensure CMU office premises is clean and tidy by managing cleaning support staff.
- Perform ad hoc office tasks.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the COP
- Relevant university Degree, ideally bachelors.
Required / Desirable
- At least 3-4 years of work experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO or donor setting.
- Experience in administrative management of office support.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people approaching the office.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Very good communication skills, both in Arabic and English.
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel).
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: 12 July 2020
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2020