The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to Climate Change while bringing prosperity to their peoples. Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant Financial Resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in Climate Finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts. The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment. Position description Accreditation Manager, reporting to the Deputy Director" id="link" class="link">Executive Director, is responsible for Design, implementation, and Coordination of the GCF access modalities including early engagement with the countries and the applicants; from accreditation to re-accreditation processes, and related policies, strategies with the objective of maximizing the success of Fund’s operations. S/he works closely with countries, accreditation applicants, AEs, and other external stakeholders; and provides leadership, guidance, and oversight of the accreditation portfolio of the Fund. This role includes relationship management with internal and external stakeholders and promote knowledge sharing across the organization to achieve maximize synergies. Duties and responsibilities PurposeApply Now
- Lead the development and implementation of accreditation-related policies, strategies, including accreditation framework, to sustain a diverse and balanced portfolio of the accredited entities.
- Develop innovative approaches and tools to expand access modalities and implement accreditation process, including re-accreditation effectively and efficiently
- Oversee accreditation pipeline from early engagement to effective partnership, including finalization of AMA negotiations with AEs once accredited by the Board
- Advocates externally for the optimum modes of engagement with the GCF, including presenting to the Board, and liaises internally for the alignment of the accreditation process with country programming and portfolio management
- Negotiates with external stakeholders on GCF access modalities including accreditation, and provides technical and policy advise on accreditation-related activities in line with GCF objectives
- Engages with the Accreditation Committee of the Board and coordinates with the Accreditation Panel to ensure consistency, flexibility, and transparency to the accreditation process
- Oversees the accreditation review process, coordinates pre-accreditation readiness requests, and suggests as well as implements improvements
- Generate Knowledge Products in the form of reports, tools and best practices to share transparent, fair, and reliable accreditation process
- Manage the accreditation team
- Master or higher-level degree in economic, environmental studies, business Administration, finance, or other relevant fields;
- 11 years or more of relevant experience, including experience of working in multilateral development organizations, preferably in climate-related or other relevant fields;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, project management, coordination and working with Governments and national organizations;
- Established experience of providing quality assurance, strategic due diligence, preferably accreditation and/or certification process;
- Track records of engagement in cross-cutting and multi-assignments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.