MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position
The Accountant will be stationed in Amman, Jordan. The Accountant is responsible for managing overall accounting and bookkeeping and ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards and MSI's policies and procedures. Specific areas of responsibility include financial Report Preparation, review and submission to MSI HQ, cash flow management. This is a full-time position.
- Execute expenses
- Monitor, analyze and operationalize financial transactions
- Prepare voucher payments and input all local accounting data
- Check of Summaries (vendors) and staff claims
- Data Entry in Quick Books Accounting Software
- Maintain Petty Cash (including receipt and payment – including affixing PAID stamp)
- Maintain Day Book
- Verify invoices for the purchase of good and services for the program
- Prepare daily and monthly cash reconciliation
- Prepare Monthly Bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly fund request
- Liaison with bank as and when required
- Deposit monthly tax to Ministry of Finance Treasury on time
- Support external auditor and Finance and Administrative Specialist on balances and financial reports
- Support Finance and Administrative Specialist in preparation of monthly salary and monthly reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the Accounting System. Including regular finance data backup, archival of the accounting record by weekly scanning and upload on Egnyte and monthly dispatch of original records to MSI-HQ
- Prepare and maintain updated financial information for audits
- Disbursement of monthly staff salary
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor(s)/management
- CPA or bachelor's degree in relevant field required
- At least three years of experience in Financial Management in Jordan required
- Proficiency and experience using MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners and vendors
- Experience with USAID funded project
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in conflict zones
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.