FHI 360 is a nonprofit Human Development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, Economic Development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party Description: FHI 360 is seeking qualified applicants for a Chief of Party to oversee an anticipated project in Jordan that will accelerate progress toward equitable access and delivery of high quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH) services throughout the continuum of care. The Chief of Party will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance to the project. S/he will be the primary liaison with the funder and government partners and will oversee project staff, partnerships, and consortium members to ensure that project activities are completed and objectives are successfully met. The COP will have overall responsibility in the areas of technical quality, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, operations, Administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, Financial Accounting, and overall client satisfaction. The position will be based in Amman. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval. Job Summary/Responsibilities: The Chief of Party will have the following responsibilities:Apply Now
- Oversee the project’s technical quality, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial accounting, and overall client satisfaction.
- Oversee team of senior technical and program Management Project staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Communicate regularly with USAID to provide updates and progress reports;
- Serve as the primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders (e.g., Jordan’s Ministry of Health, the Royal Medical Services and University Hospitals and other implementing partners).
- Oversee/manage partnerships and ensure strong lines of communication and collaboration are established and maintained.
- Lead the planning of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID.
- Ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the award, USG regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Bachelors Degree in medicine, public health, health management, social science, or a related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred
- At minimum, must have at least ten years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, with accompanying depth and breadth of technical and management expertise in RMNCH, Health Systems strengthening, and quality improvement programming.
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is preferred; Jordanian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Management experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; Arabic language fluency highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Relevant Computer Software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.