What does A Planning and Delivery Director do?
A Planning and Delivery Director will support the COO in facilitating a strategic, focused, effective, collaborative and outcomes-oriented department. S/he will drive forward the development and implementation of an integrated plan for the department as well as work closely with each functional lead to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for each unit. In addition, the Director will act as portfolio manager for the areas of governance in which the COO and her teams are engaged and will work closely with leaders in other operational and programmatic areas across the organization. S/he will have oversight of departmental budgets. S/he will also develop, direct and execute special projects as commissioned by the COO – these may be cross-functional or specific.
- Support COO to strengthen relationships, collaboration and prioritization with teams, serving as a key partner, relationship builder and leader within COO’s department and across the wider organization
- Lead department through integrated annual planning processes, both internally and with partners across the organization
- Independently plan, communicate and execute key Ops & Strategy projects and initiatives from inception to completion
- Ensure that team processes are aligned with the organization, and that the team is participating appropriately and effectively in organization-wide efforts, particularly governance structures
- Drive forward processes to ensure smooth completion of team products, and hold members of the team to account on deliverables as identified by the COO
- Develop and manage special projects
- Initiate effective practices and guidelines to ensure optimization of resources, coordinating and supporting the COO on all Ops & Strategy budgets
- Create and run rhythm of the business – the regular meetings, decisions, and priority setting processes required to bring coherence and coordination to a multi-function global department
- Establish and maintain close working connections with field colleagues to ensure that they are applying a field perspective in everything that they do
- Design and where needed, facilitate team offsites
- Direct and manage effective and lean coordinating mechanisms to drive toward greater performance, focused prioritization and open transparent communication
- Lead team through the budget process, including 3-year planning cycle, fully integrated planning, and ensure that spending is consistent with identified team goals
- Support the COO to create and maintain a results-driven, action-oriented and empowering culture where generosity, ideas, professional growth and humor flourish
- Develop and direct strategies to support positive change management and harness the depth of knowledge and experience of the teams to champion new ways of working together
- Drive forward effective participation and support of governance
If you are looking for A Planning and Delivery Director job unchannel.org is the right place for you. Just click https://unchannel.org
and find your next Planning and Delivery Director job at unchannel.org.